These unique programs apply experiential learning to purposefully engage participants through direct experience.
Worth & Significance ‘Body and soul, I am marvelously made’
The focus for these sessions is for each participant to understand that their uniqueness is something to celebrate and they have been wonderfully made.
Strength & Resilience ‘Choose life’
These sessions explore the power of choice and is addressed through practical sessions about feelings, willpower, resilience, convictions, boundaries and respect.
Purpose & Courage ‘I have a hope and a future’
Purpose is examined through exploring hopes, dreams and desires encouraging girls to live an adventurous life.
The participants have achieved learning and motivational outcomes that form the foundation of the ultimate goal – A greater level of understanding about their personal self-esteem, emotional intelligence and purpose. These include:
- Developed holistic personal and problem solving skills
- Improved confidence and understanding of intrinsic value
- Enhanced social support networks
- Increased self-awareness and resilience
- Capacity building with facilitators recruited, trained and resourced.
Practical sessions are designed to create a non-confronting environment for girls that help remove communication barriers and assists in building relationships between participants and facilitators.
Methods to facilitate learning include:
- Visual – Videos, charts, whiteboards, notes
- Auditory – Discussions, interviews, music, personal stories, short teaching sessions
- Kinesthetic – Role plays, physical activity, small group work, whole group work
Emotional Intelligence Quotient, or EQ, looks at a person’s intelligence beyond exam results and in terms of what it takes to build a holistic and successful life. The two characteristics of emotional intelligence are to understand your behaviour, goals, intentions and responses and to understand others.
Exploring the following areas develops these EQ principles:
- Personal decision making
- Managing feelings
- Communication skills
- Personal responsibility
- Conflict resolution
Shine & strength promotional portfolio</> (pp.3-11).(2013), Sydney, NSW Hillsong music Australia